Henry and his new Race Car..

Henry and his new Race Car..
Early 2009

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Third Brake Light

10/13/10


I used my handy dandy iPhone app to measure the rear window angle, then I walked the local Pick-N-Pull to find a donor with a high mounted light and a rear window with +- the same angle.  After pulling tail gate hinges for a tool-less, Spanish (only) speaking gentleman, I found the donor car.. A 2004 Isuzu Rodeo. The rear window came in just a couple degrees different!


Being that the mounting on the Isuzu was through the glass, I had to grind off the mounting locations to get a flat surface for the mounting tape I will be using..




A quick test before mounting...


Ok.  So I added an in-line brake light flasher I bought off the internets some time ago. It's rather simple...

Find it here:  http://www.comagination.com/bflasher.htm



Next was adding the adhesive tape and stickin' her on.




Its a monster..  there is no excuse for even coming close to hitting me now..


And here is video of the system in action..