Henry and his new Race Car..

Henry and his new Race Car..
Early 2009

Monday, August 8, 2011

Scheel Mann Seats

So, I have been on the hunt for the right set of Scheels for over a year.  I bought a set in a parts lot for 100 bucks, and being that I needed another 1400 to get them recovered, I just stored them for 6 months or so.. But before I could get to that point, hard times hit and demanded a sale.  I posted them, and they old in minutes to a forum member..




Then this spring, I found a set of Scheel seats at a great price in Seattle.  Had them shipped to Cincinnati, only to find that they were way too aggressive and narrow for my fat AZZ.  So, I sold them to Lance White here in Cincinnati.. Which funded the next move.



And then in a desperate Craigslist search, I found the PERFECT set for my build..

Originally purchased in 1975 for a custom Datsun 610.  The original owner ordered one high bolstered seat for the driver side, and an aesthetically matching, low bolstered passenger seat, for the comfort of his girl..
When he sold the car in the early 80's he pulled them when he sold the car and put them in storage until he posted them for sale in 2011!

Here is the car they were originally in:




Being that the new seats are narrower and deeper, I had to fab adapter brackets.  So I found a local guy with a sheet metal sheer and break, and then went to town on an eight dollar piece of stainless that I picked up at a scrap yard.








Now they just need a good steam cleaning..